We are making some changes – here’s what to expect
- Signs have been posted throughout the clinic, educating clients about signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- All clients will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 prior to entering the clinic
- Stations with hand sanitizer have been created in every room and in the front entrance area
- Access to the clinic will be restricted to the door leading from the parking lot into our unit
- All fabric chairs throughout the clinic have been removed and replaced with plastic chairs to facilitate cleaning
- All treatment rooms have been stripped of any non-essential supplies to facilitate cleaning
- Visitors will no longer be permitted to accompany a client to the clinic (exceptions: the client is a minor, the client has mobility issues, or the client has a unique situation). Please request permission to bring a visitor PRIOR to your appointment.
- Any visitor MUST screen negative for our COVID-19 screening process and be logged for our contact tracing program
- A plexiglass shield has been installed at our admin staff desk area
- All clients, visitors and staff will be required to wear a mask. Please wear a mask to the clinic or we will provide you one for a nominal charge. Personal protective equipment (PPE) and related supplies have been extremely difficult to obtain and prices have significantly increased due to the high demand
- Your therapist will be wearing a mask and face shield during your appointment. Isolation gowns are available but are not a requirement; however, please request your therapist to use a gown if you are more comfortable in this case
- We are fortunate to have six large treatment rooms but only four will be used for treatment on a daily basis
- Two therapists will work on each shift – on any particular shift, clients will be scheduled 30 minutes offset from each other – i.e. one therapist will see clients on the hour, while the other therapist will see clients on the half hour
- Please arrive at the clinic only 5-10 minutes before your appointment – just enough time to get ready. We will be sticking to a very strict schedule so if you are late, expect that you will miss treatment time
- Clients will go directly to their assigned room as we no longer have a waiting room
- All spaces are disinfected and cleaned in between every client – all surfaces from our front door, treatment rooms and bathroom will be cleaned
- If you feel more comfortable sending an e-transfer for payment, this must be done PRIOR to your appointment or while you are still physically in the clinic. Receipts can be sent via e-mail for any e-transfers. Otherwise, Interac Debit remains our preferred method of payment. We suggest you contact your bank to check the limit for “tap” transactions – most banks have automatically raised the limit but confirm with your bank. Our debit machine will also be wrapped in plastic wrap that will be discarded after each use.
- Consider video visits for weekly check-ins if you are experiencing difficulty with your home exercise program
- We will make every attempt to conduct all new assessments on a video session first to prioritize appointments in the clinic for hands-on treatment
- Linens have always been changed in between clients but now the mattress will be wiped down and linens will be washed in hot water and dried on high heat as an additional safety precaution
What You Need To Know For Your Appointment
- Be ready for screening: all clients will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 prior to entering the clinic
- Bring a mask: all clients, visitors and staff will be required to wear a mask. Please wear a mask to the clinic or we will provide you one for a nominal charge.
- Arrive just before your appointment: Please arrive at the clinic only 5-10 minutes before your appointment – just enough time to get ready. We will be sticking to a very strict schedule so if you are late, expect that you will miss treatment time
A Final Word
We have made significant preparations and have though of every safety precaution. Please discuss any questions or concerns you may have with our admin staff or therapist prior to coming to the clinic. We are here for you and want to make sure your experience is a positive one!